UPPER SCHOOL ATHLETICS
The Parker School Athletics program functions as an integral part of the total school curriculum. We believe that an athletic program should provide opportunities for students to develop their talents in a well-organized manner under the guidance of qualified coaches. The objectives of Parker School Athletics are as follows:
• To teach the fundamentals, strategy and rules of each sport.
• To provide for physical development and sound competitive spirit.
• To develop citizenship traits: sportsmanship, self-control, self-discipline, cooperation, leadership, respect for the individual, and fairness and honesty in working with others.
• To develop mental alertness, moral qualities, social skills and emotional maturity.
• To ensure proper standards of health and safety.
• To create a desire to succeed and excel.
• To provide qualified athletic coaches and to assist these coaches with the planning, development and improvement of our programs.
• To foster good relationships between the athletic department, Parker School and the community.
• To develop school spirit and loyalty.
• To provide an on-going evaluation of the athletic program and its activities.
Parker School currently participates in the Big Island Interscholastic Federation (BIIF) athletic league in the following varsity sports: cross-country, soccer, paddling, tennis, volleyball.
Non-competitive sports offered: conditioning, dance, yoga.